What is the GP Workforce Program?
The Program coordinates marketing and support activities aimed at recruiting General Practitioners (GPs) to the ACT both from interstate and overseas.
What does the GP Workforce Program do?
- Supports individual practices in advertising GP job vacancies.
- Markets GP vacancies via print, media and online advertising.
- Facilitates and supports the recruitment and retention of interstate and overseas trained GPs to local practices.
- Acts as a central point of contact and provides information and advice on Area of Need and District of Workforce Shortage enquiries from local GP practices and overseas trained doctors.
How can the GP Workforce Program help you?
- Promote GP Practice job vacancies (free of charge) via central website listing, print, media and online national and international advertising.
- Process Area of Need approval requests.
- Answer queries on the recruitment process, especially in regards to overseas trained doctors.
What has the GP Workforce Program achieved?
- Increased exposure of Canberra’s GP job vacancies.
- Attracted 47+ GPs to Canberra since May 2008.
- Streamlined the Area of Need process.
- Created a central website job listing of all Canberra’s GP vacancies.
- Created factsheets to assist Practices and potential GP applicants.
Who can help you?
GP Marketing and Support Advisor
(02) 6287 8099