The GP Aged Day Service (GPADS) Program is a new service that commenced in March 2011. GPADS aims to support all general practices in the ACT to provide medical care to patients who are homebound or in a residential aged care facility when the patients usual GP is not able to provide care in a timely manner.
What does the GPADS Program do?
- Support to the practice when they are busy or the patient's usual GP is away.
- Prevent the patient from unnecessary Emergency Department presentations by having a GPADS GP assess the patient in a suitable timeframe.
- Bulked billed service.
How can the GPADS Program help you?
- Accepting referrals electronically or via FAX.
- Triaging referrals.
- Sending a GPADS GP to assess and treat patients referred.
- Patient report to usual GP within 48hrs electronically or via FAX.
What has the GPADS Program achieved?
- Covering Monday to Friday 8am-6pm excluding public holidays. We have over 300 patients already on our data base.
- Reduced the number of home visits CALMS has had to see after hours since the service started.
Who can help you?
GPADS Program Officer
Phone: (02) 6287 8099 or Fax (02) 6287 8098