What is the NiGP Program?
The Nursing in General Practice program aims to build the capacity of the nursing workforce within general practice. It provides practice nurses with education and support, supports general practices to recruit and retain suitably qualified nurses and promotes the role of practice nurses to others in the community and within the health professions.
What does the NiGP Program do?
- Facilitates ongoing education to enhance practice nurse skills and knowledge.
- Provides networking and peer support opportunities.
- Encourages and assists with the recruitment and retention of practice nurses.
- Provides information and assistance to practice nurses to enhance their role within general practice.
How can the NIGP Program help you?
- By the promotion and provision of professional development opportunities to enhance practice nurse skills and knowledge.
- Placement of advertisements for practice nurse vacancies on ACTML website.
- By holding regular network meetings for NiGP.
- By supporting practices to offer placements for student nurses.
- By offering practice visits and providing phone support to address queries.
- By providing updates via ACTML publications such as 2/52 and newsletters.
What has the NiGP Program achieved?
- Ongoing support including regular network meetings for practice nurses.
- Regular educational workshops and forums.
- An annual orientation program for nurses new to general practice.
- Successful recruitment of practice nurses to practices
Who can help you?
NiGP Program Officer